LEED Certified Virginia Theological Seminary Faculty Houses
The LEED Certified homes boast 37-45% energy savings as compared with a standard new home of the same size (based on HERS (Home Energy Rating System) index. The homes’ energy and water saving features include:
- High efficiency HVAC equipment
- WaterSense high efficiency plumbing fixtures
- EnergyStar light fixtures and appliances
- EnergyStar thermopane windows and doors
- R30 spray foam insulation to create an air-tight barrier (Demilec spray foam contains 20% renewable materials)
In addition, ductwork was mastic-sealed, and third-party air balance and blower door tests were performed.