We build green to reduce utility consumption and cost.We work with our clients to select new water- and energy-efficient technologies that can significantly reduce the long-term operation and maintenance costs. These include:
- Low-flow toilets and plumbing fixtures that reduce water use.
- High-efficiency HVAC and recirculation systems that reduce energy use and significantly decrease gas and electricity costs.
- Renewable energy systems such as the solar-lease options offered by SolarCity or a geothermal heat pump system.
- Spray foam insulation that meets or exceeds code and reduces air leakage when heating and cooling.
- High-quality windows that reduce leakage and are tailored to preferences for natural sunlight and indoor warmth levels.
- Incorporation of “passive solar design” in the plans for an addition or renovation, which takes advantage of natural warmth provided by south-facing windows in winter, and uses trees and overhangs to provide shade from summer sun.
- A water reuse system, such as rainwater harvesting system for irrigation.